Crime Busters of SA: farm murders 2001-2003
Solidarity trade union: - list of farm murders
2003 - June 2009:
- ► May (7)
- ► April (10)
- ► March (9)
- ► November (15)
- ► October (15)
- ► September (8)
- ► August (13)
- ► July (14)
- ► June (20)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (29)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (37)
- ► December (34)
- ► November (41)
- ► October (38)
- ► September (41)
- ► August (42)
- ► July (60)
- ► June (60)
- ► May (81)
- ► April (63)
- ► March (78)
- ► February (90)
- ► January (80)
- ► December (91)
- ► November (73)
- ► October (51)
- ► September (54)
- ► August (49)
- ► July (62)
- ► June (57)
- ► May (93)
- ► April (68)
- ► March (74)
- ► February (80)
- ► January (95)
- ► December (124)
- ► November (96)
- ▼ Oct 29 (6)
- ► September (120)
- ► August (71)
- ► July (83)
- ► June (61)
- ► May (46)
- ► April (56)
- ► March (48)
- ► February (30)
- ► December (59)
- ► November (48)
- ► October (54)
- ► September (43)
- ► August (15)
- ► July (13)
- A Stuijt
- Retired South African medical journalist, ex-Sunday Times of Johannesburg.
2009-10-29 Johannesburg - Mpumalanga border police on Wednesday arrested 39 Somali refugees on the South African side of the Mozambican border. Captain Leonard Hlathi said they had travelled for 31 days to seek asylum in South Africa. "They said they were fleeing from a war in their country."
The men were heading to Johannesburg. The arrests brought to 70 the number of people arrested by the Macadamia border police, near Komatipoort since September."During these two months we also arrested 12 Bangladeshis and 19 other Somalis."
South Africa is being flooded with millions of very poor refugees from all the African countries. Most are economic refugees rather than refugees from wars: although some 5-million Zimbabweans also rely on South Africa for their daily sustenance and electricity needs, and Zimbabweans form the single-largest group of refugees from other African countries, with Mozambiquans, Nigerians and Somalians also arriving in the country in large numbers.
With only 56,000 of the 694,500 or so asylum seekers’ applications actually processed thus far in the past seven years – and the rest requiring 30 years just to clear up the backlog, chaotic scenes often unfold at the Home Affairs Department’s refugee centres with tens of thousands of new arrivals camping out for days or weeks on end -- desperate to get their hands on application forms. Fatima Khan, the head of University of Cape Town’s law clinic which provides legal advice to the refugees, recently described the situation in Home Affairs as "organised chaos", noting that their clinic alone placed as many as 7,000 people on appeal in a six-month period, yet they had not had a single judgment back since 2006. These people all live in limbo, trying to survive somehow in crowded, filthy shantytowns. More than 9,000 new shantytowns have mushroomed all over the country over the past 12 years, with the majority of its residents being foreign Africans.
The centre in Nyanga near Cape Town recently was forced to close after demands from local residents whose lives were being greatly disrupted and endangered by the chaos, the grime and the crime-problems caused by thousands of often desperate, hungry Africans camping out in the streets, waiting to get their applications processed. http://censorbugbear-reports.blogspot.com/2009/10/backlog-of-640000-asylum-seekers.html
Only one of the group arrested on Wednesday was able to understand English and communicate with the police, they said. The Somalis were only carrying water bottles when they were arrested along the border near Malelane and hadn’t eaten in many days.
"He told us they left two of their brothers in the bushes in Mozambique, as they couldn't go on any further." The group started their journey in Somalia and walked for eight days to Kenya, living only on biscuits and water.
- "From Somalia they were on a boat for 19 days, living on rice and water. From there they walked for four days before reaching the SA border."
The men were so exhausted they fell asleep while being interviewed by police. "We don't know when the last time was that they ate anything," Hlathi said. They claimed they were robbed in Mozambique. They were given food, and were being kept at the Komatipoort police station. The Department of Home Affairs will take over their administration." http://www.news24.com/Content/SouthAfrica/986/ffcc8ea4c146422ca5763ff37516ae62/29-10-2009-07-27/Refugees_travel_for_31_days
29 October 2009 - Shahid Esau, the Democratic Alliance ruling party’s Speaker in the Western Cape provincial parliament, is under investigation for ‘racist and sexist comments’ he made about "boere" (whites) and black women during a meeting with about 70 staffers of the provincial legislature earlier this week.
Shahid Esau told a group of about 70 staff members that ‘there are too many black women in this institution especially in the Committee Section and I will go as far as Northern Cape and Limpopo to get "boere" (whites) to come and work here." Esau has confirmed that he made these statements, but defended himself.
'We are deeply offended, insulted, outraged'
About half of the employees have since signed a petition to express their disgust and have sent it to political parties in the legislature.
"We are deeply offended, insulted and outraged by the racist and condescending remarks by the speaker when he said that: "There are too many black women in this institution especially in Committee Section and I will go as far as Northern Cape and Limpopo to get "boere" to come and work here."
”We are mindful that the speaker is not only charged with defending and upholding the constitution, but also lead by example by reflecting the spirit of equality, nationhood and reconciliation," the petition read. http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=nw20091029193320862C811583
Minister of Police stops police stations from issuing local crime reports – again…
Thursday 29 October 2009 - By Dolf Dreyer, Editor, Madibeng Pulse
HARTBEESPOORT. Madibeng Pulse has written a letter to the Minister of Police and the SAPS National Commissioner, objecting to their publication embargo placed on local police stations providing media with crime reports.
This was reportedly done to divert attention from crime when foreign visitors consider attending the FIFA World Cup next year. This was learned in response to a letter by MadibengPulse to the Minister of Police and the National Commissioner.
The online newspaper argues that publishing of crime reports by police stations is categorically different from compiling national or provincial crime statistics and that this latest publication embargo will harm community policing - so essential to combating crime lon the spot all over South Africa.
Following is our letter:
Dear Minister and Commissioner,
- Re: Embargo on crime reports issued by police stations
An embargo has been placed on police stations providing newspapers with crime reports. It was said that the embargo was meant to ‘protect the Soccer World Cup next year so that potential visitors are not put off from coming to South Africa by high crime statistics. ‘
We’ll show that such thinking is seriously flawed, unnecessary even for the dubious goal of protecting the World Cup and an example of how the SAPS is shooting itself in the foot by heeding advisers who have not done straight thinking on the issue.
In the thinking process – if there was one – which preceded a decision to restrict information on crime at local police stations, several incompatible concepts were apparently confused:
- Local crime reports versus National crimes statistics.
- Go it alone policing versus Community policing.
- The difference between a statistic and reality
- The interests of the SAPS nationally versus the interests of the local police stations.
- Provincial crime reports versus local crime reports.
We’ll examine each of these aspects to illustrate our point.
1. National crime statistics and crime reports.
These two phenomena bear little relationship to each other in reality except that, presumably, if one totals the various types and totals for each category of crime at all the police stations in the country for a given period, one would arrive at a national statistic for each category of crime for that period.
- These statistics – being abstract in nature - would be of little real interest or use to a citizen living in a police district.
Their only conceivable use would be for the opposition parties to use in parliament as a stick to beat the government and for the top management of the SAPS and the president to measure the effectiveness of various approaches in combating crime. So, the compilation and publishing of these statistics have no influence on effective community policing.
The only organisation which can possibly compile these figures from crime reports at local police stations to arrive at provincial and national statistics is the SAPS. So whether or not such statistics are compiled and used by opposition parties to show how badly the police are doing or by Andy Capp the London soccer fan in deciding to come to the World Cup or stay away, is entirely in the hands of the SAPS top management.
2. SAPS policing versus Community policing.
The effect on local policing of restricting national statistics would be virtually zero, but the effect of placing embargoes on local reports is extremely negative. If the top managements of the SAPS believe it themselves when they tell the public that effective policing is the result of teamwork between the SAPS and the community, why should they then take a decision that leaves the other half of the team in the dark?
In many thousands of experiments in industrial psychology it has been shown without exception, that if teams are given tasks to perform, those who get continuous feedback on results, far outperform teams which are kept in the dark. The criminal grapevine has continuous feedback on their successes and failures, why should the other half of the community policing team be deprived of it?
Our newspaper reported a few months ago on the local head of uniform policing saying that local crime compared to a year ago had been cut in half. We report continuously on police matters because of its importance in everybody’s life, and we know that such results came from good policing, a clean up of corrupt policing at our police station and the installation of neighbourhood watches.
- Would those who work tiresome hours without pay and at their own expense be willing to do so if they’re kept in the dark about its effectiveness? How you do motivate them if it’s not with the feedback of their own successes?
This embargo merely serves to interfere with the mutual trust between communities and their local police which is an essential ingredient for effective policing.
3. The difference between a statistic and reality.
There is a difference between those who take part in community policing, the police reservists, the CPF and neighbourhood watches on the one hand, and those who merely read about crime in their local newspaper. But even for those, local crime reports are valuable. Reading about a murder in Cape Town is a statistic; reading about it in my neighbourhood is a reality. It makes me double lock my doors, warn my neighbours and report any suspicious looking characters to the police.
Reports on a series of car thefts in my suburb, cause me to take extra care with my car thus making it more difficult for the car thieves and easier for the police.
Such reactions to local crime reports, which strengthen community policing, have nothing to do with crimes statistics, which are abstractions and bear no resemblance to local realities.
Perhaps Mr. Minister and Commissioner, you should have another look at those of your advisers who do not know the difference between a local crime report and a national statistic, or their influences on community policing. The influence of the statistic is zero; the reality of reports is immense.
4. The interests of the SAPS nationally versus the interest of the local police station.
The local police station has very little to do with national or provincial statistics, but much to do with crime statistics for the particular police station. Presumably, you use statistics at the local level to assess the performance of the members and the station commissioner. (This assumes of course that you keep staff at one police station long enough and do not chop and change policies, which will make it impossible to measure performance for an individual police station.)
The community which is part of a policing district does not have a great interest in local statistics which is a measure of incidents over a given time period. But they very definitely have an interest in current crime reports and trends as realities on an ongoing basis. They react to these and so form a vital part of the total community policing effort. If you withhold that information from them they will lose interest and, dare one say, live in a fool’s paradise and such people would not be very useful to have as partners in community policing.
In conclusion, it may be necessary in your perception to keep national crimes figures secret, but it’s definitely not in the interest of the local police station to withhold information on individual crime incidents from the community.
5. Provincial crime reports versus local crime reports.
Advisers, whom I also suggest you should have another look at, presumably suggested that crime reports should be provided by a provincial press office; in other words information should be controlled. This is based on a complete misconception of the function of a newspaper in a community. Newspapers do not need a certain quota of crime reports to fill editorial space nor do they have a demand for a given percentage of crime stories. They publish crime reports because they are of interest to their readers and they have such reader interest when they are local.
Who cares if you live in Hartbeespoort or Brits and a bank manager in Taung conspired with his teller to conspire with two robbers to fake a robbery? But put that bank in Brits or Hartbeespoort and every resident is interested. It is only through such interest and the vital interest in one’s personal safety - and personal safety is a local reality not a statistic - that you get the cooperation of the community. And as we all agree, community cooperation is vital for effective policing.
This newspaper attends every Community Policing Forum meeting, not because what happens there is always that interesting, but because we believe we should inform our readers about community policing. We regularly went to police stations (before the embargo) for briefings – often to be stood up by discourteous police members at Brits Police Station – not because, as professionals we think all the crime reports are that interesting, but because we believe that to establish a point of contact between the police and the community, is vital to community policing. In what way would you as top SAPS management do it otherwise? Your official press releases are far too dull to rely on for automatic publication.
None of our readers or the local police would question our commitment to maintaining healthy relations between the public and their local police station, and we lauded the appointment of both you the Minister and you the Commissioner because of a new attitude of putting the honest citizen ahead of the criminal.
For that reason we make no apology in shooting from the hip by saying: in an emergency at a crime scene it may make sense to shoot first and ask questions later. In a vast organisation with complicated interrelationships with the public it serves, an embargo decision should not have been taken in an act now and think later mode.
We urge you to rethink the decision to withhold crime reports from the media; in the long term it will do more harm than good to local policing.
R. J. R. Dreyer
Summary: Afrikaans student gets run over six times while battling three Melville hijackers; an Afrikaner man is murdered outside the popular Dros restaurant, in Garsfontein; six men arrested for gang-raping 14-year-old girl; three youths arrested after making video of gangraping a 6-year-old girl; a baby is shot dead during an attack by a 12-man gang;
Hijackers drive six times over music student Karien Kruger
Afrikaans student Karien Kruger of Melville, Johannesburg shows off the wounds on her legs, after hijackers drove over her six times… (Bongiwe Gumede, Beeld)
Oct 29 2009 - MELVILLE, Johannesburg - Hijackers pushed Afrikaans music student Karien Kruger, 21, under her car and then drove over her at least five times when she fought back fiercely with a tiny repair-knife. In the end, they only managed to steal her cellphone, wallet and passport… abandoning her car with the valuable music-instruments inside…
The Witwatersrand University music tore a muscle in her right thigh and had to receive several stitches to wounds on both legs.
Kruger is a music student at the University of the Witwatersrand and a part-time waitress. She had stopped at her mother Lynn Kruger's home in Hurley Road last Wednesday morning. Her car was loaded with music instruments including drums, cymbals and a music stand.
As she opened the car door for her spaniel, Otto, two men pulled her out of her red Golf 1 and jumped in on the driver's side. "I decided right there it was not their car and all my drums and equipment were in the car," Kruger said on Wednesday.
Tried to stab them with tiny knife she uses for reparing the drums:
"I jumped back in the car and started stabbing at the men with my knife. I don't think I hit any of them."She always carried the little knife with her for repairs to her drums. The men again pushed her out of the car and underneath the vehicle. She grabbed one of them by his pants and held on. The driver reversed and drove over her. The car then rolled forward and over her again. The hijackers drove over her like this at least five times. Police will enter this incident into the SAPS crime statistics as an ‘attempted hijacking’, but clearly this also was an attempted murder.
The fiesty Afrikaans girl managed to get out from under the car and stood in the middle of the road. The driver then drove straight for her. She jumped out of the way and then ran after the car before collapsing in the middle of the road, calling for help. Her mother and some of the neighbours came out and called the ambulance and police.
- Her mother said she heard someone screaming but didn't realise at first that it was her daughter. "Only when I heard 'mom', did I know it was her. She was lying in the middle of the road with blood coming out of her head, nose, mouth and legs. I'm just relieved she didn't break anything."
Hijackers dumped the car – but her cellphone, wallet and passport were stolen:
Police found the car a few minutes later in Lothbury Road not far from the house, where the hijackers had left it after the anti-hijacking mechanism kicked in. Her cellphone, wallet and passport were gone.
- It was later learned that two men who fitted the description, had tried to steal another fellow waitress's car half an hour before the hijacking. According to Kruger's mom, her daughter had always fought for her possessions. Two years ago, she chased after a man who had stolen her cellphone from her hand and kicked him until he gave her phone back.She was able to laugh about the incident on Wednesday, though it was still fresh in her mind."I don't like cars anymore," she said. "Every time I hear a car drive off, I get a fright." http://www.beeld.co.za http://www.beeld.com/Content/Suid-Afrika/Nuus/1928/0f7cdd527da0435fb9f77302ced7e0ff/29-10-2009-12-50/Motorkapers_ry_vyf_keer_oor_student
2009-10-29 – GARSFONTEIN, Pretoria. 30-year-old Petrus Cilliers, a patron at the popular Dros Restaurant and Wine Cellar on Rubenstein/Garsfontein Roads, was shot dead at 11pm outside the restaurant .
’Ms Eveline Hardaker, police spokeswoman confirmed that Mr Cilliers was allegedly shot by a man on Sunday. He had been at the restaurant with this man and there had been trouble: “The manager called the police during the course of the evening and asked to have the two men removed,’ she said. The manager told them at around 11pm that he was closing the restaurant and asked them to leave – and they did. However shortly after, outside in the parking lot, four shots were fired said Hardaker. Mr Cilliers then managed to stumble his way back into the restaurant where he collapsed and died inside. “He was shot three times and died at the scene,’ she said.
The other man fled but police went searching for him at his home and the man turned himself in at the Garsfontein police station at 3pm on Tuesday. http://www.beeld.com/Content/Suid-Afrika/Nuus/1928/c7019dd33cc44196be9d785394835509/29-10-2009-07-23/Man_buite_Dros_in_Pta_doodgeskiet
Six men arrested for gang-raping 14-yr-old girl, 3 youths arrested for video of gang-rape
Police captain Mega Ndobe said the child was raped at a house in Moleleki after she went to a party with two older teenaged girl-friends. She probably was drugged there as she can’t remember the exact way in which she had ended up at this house after the party. Three youths also were arrested in a seperate incident in which they had videod the gang-rape of a small girl on their cellphone. http://www.nuus24.com/Content/Suid-Afrika/Nuus/1479/ba34a18010684480ae3f5c00100ce49e/29-10-2009-11-43/Ses_mans_verkrag_glo_meisie_(14)
Six-month-old baby Onele Dyofile shot dead
- October 29 2009 -- A six-month-old baby was shot in the head when a gang of armed men fired shots through the front door of the Mfuleni home when the little boy's businessman father was at home with his family. Little Onele Dyofile was killed when he was hit by a shot fired through the door by the group of 12 armed men as they tried to gain entry into the Kaap Road home on Sunday morning. Onele's father, Siya Dyofile, said yesterday the devastated family was beginning to come to terms with the death, but that things "will never be the same".
Belgian tourists’ bags robbed outside Dundee restaurant, KZN
"The tourists from Belgium were having lunch on Sunday in a restaurant," said Captain Shoes Magudulela, of the police.
"When they returned to the vehicle they were travelling in they discovered that their bags were missing."
He said members of the community had told the police that they had seen three men with bags.
"Police arrested the men on Sunday. They are due to appear in the Dundee Magistrate's Court on Wednesday," said Magudulela.
"Five bags have been recovered." – Sapa
- Japanese wary of SA crime http://www.dailynews.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=3532&fArticleId=vn20081113052229534C793967
- Crime rate 'scaring away tourists' http://www.dailynews.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=3532&fArticleId=vn20070724111110144C980129
- Foreign luggage tempts SA airline staff http://www.dailynews.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=3532&fArticleId=vn20070108034405442C399752
- Crime scares off foreign investments: http://www.dailynews.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=3532&fArticleId=vn20070410094442812C369380
24 October 2009 BLOEMFONTEIN. Six Afrikaner female students at the University of the Free State in Bloemfontein were attacked by a mob of black males who hurled bricks, threatened them with rape* and and shouted ‘fuck off from our campus you white bitches…’
In a racist incident identical to the attacks and riots targetting white students at the UOFS following last year’s violent incidents involving the Reitz video debacle, another six women were gratuitously attacked by blacks this week. Fortunately nobody was hurt, Volksblad reports.
- In a linked development yesterday, the Democratic Alliance party launched a formal hate-speech charge against local “ANC Youth League chairman Thebe Meeko who called for the killing of not only the Free State university’s chancellor Jonathan Jansen, but also for the deaths of four Afrikaans male students: He was quoted as saying: “Professor [Jonathan] Jansen is equally a criminal like these racist young students at that university and we agree with the president of the ANC, shoot and kill a criminal.”
- "The (statements) are such fundamentally egregious and shocking - asking for the death of somebody," said DA MP Wilmot James. Meeko made the comment while at the law court to protest against the postponement in the Reitz Four trial until next year. The Bloemfontein Magistrate's Court postponed until February 2010 the crimen-injuria case against student R C Malherbe, Johnny Roberts, Schalk van der Merwe and Danie Grobler. Known as the "Reitz Four", who face crimen injuria over a prank student video. http://censorbugbear-reports.blogspot.com/2009/10/hate-speech-charge-against-ancyl_27.html
The white Free State female students also said they were ignored when they appealed to black security guards for protection against the black male mob.
The women students (who requested anonymity for their own safety) went for a walk on the campus on Thursday night. They were en route to their dorms from the campus swimming pool complex when the incident happened. A large group of students from various dormitories were partying near the pool area. The six girls decided to leave the pool area after most other students had left.
“We felt safe because the campus was busy and there were students everywhere” said one. Various dorms had had parties on Thursday night and many students were standing around in front of their dorms chatting and socialising. When the women walked past the faculty for Agriculture, they saw a group of black students sitting on the grass behind the building. “We didn’t worry about them as we thought they were busy playing soccer” the girls said.
‘We are going to rape you… fuck off from our campus you white bitches…’
As the Afrikaans girls walked past the group of blacks, one suddenly picked up a brick and threw it in their direction. “At first I thought they were joking, because he didn’t throw it too hard but then he picked it up and threw it at us again, this time really hard”. After this, the rest of the blacks joined in, picking up bricks and hurling it at the shocked girls who started running away. The blacks ran after the girls, screaming “fuck off from our campus you white bitches. We are going to rape you”.
Black security guards ignored complaints from girls:
The terrified girls ran away and and were chased by the blacks for quite a distance. The women approached two (black) security guards and told them about the incident but the guards completely ignored them. They then went to their dorms and reported it to the security guard there, who shrugged his shoulders and refused to help.
The students asked that the name of their dormitory be withheld for fear of victimisation. “We’re not sure if the incident was related to a protest meeting held at the campus earlier on Thursday, or whether the blacks wanted to vent their frustrations on us” they said. “We just think that its a serious problem that the security guards refused to help us. A few other white girls walked back alone from the pool area, what if it happened to one of them?”
They reported the incident to the University of Free State Security Services on Friday.
- Mrs Lacea Loader, UOFS spokeswoman said they were ‘aware of the incident. The matter was reported to our security services and is being investigated. We strongly condemn behaviour like this and students must refrain from making themselves guilty of such unacceptable behaviour.”
Loader said she ‘didn’t want to speculate on whether the incident was related to the current Reitz debacle’.
*These threats by the black male mob that they would rape the white girls, are not idle ones. Below are just a few photographs of the EXTENSIVE tortures to which white ‘crime victims’ in South Africa are being subjected to – some are photographs from the SAPS forensics department, others are from medical and media sources:
WARNING – GRUESOME PICTURES IN ALBUMS BELOW – SENSITIVE PEOPLE AND CHILDREN MUST NEVER BE ALLOWED TO VIEW THESE:
The distortions, the half-truths and outright lies about the Reitz-4 video
HERE’S THE ENTIRE SPOOF VIDEO – JUDGE FOR YOURSELF http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4jq_sucA34
Anton Barnard of the Pro-Afrikaans Action Group (PRAAG) – writes that the Reitz student video contents have been blown out of all proportion and that downright lies are told about it. For instance, the boys didn’t ‘urinate’ on the food, it was actually an orange soft-drink which was being poured from a bottle. And those cleaners, all adults, were clearly having a jolly good time as can be seen on the ENTIRE video – not the brief clips which the ANC sends around. And the cleaners themselves didn’t lodge any complaints about this event for months thereafter, they had clearly participated willingly and indeed it can be seen, they had a lot of fun doing it. No ‘complaints’ were lodged until the ANC got into the act, writes this Afrikaner activist:
OCT 2009 -- “Afrikaans is my home language but I am deliberately writing this in English, because of my extreme levels of irritation with the distortions, half-truths and outright lies bei
ng perpetrated by especially the liberal media and the left wing about the Reitz students, who made the so-called racist video involving cleaners at the University of the Free State. Most of the perpetrators of these malicious lies do, of course, understand Afrikaans, but for reasons of sycophancy or anti-Afrikaner hatred, pretend they don’t.
“The facts of this incident make a complete and utter mockery of the hysterical screaming of the liberals and left wingers. It is trivially easy, using the demonstrable facts, to completely demolish the pack of lies on which the entire Reitz House “case” against the 4 students has been built. Not that liberals and left-wingers have even the slightest interest in the facts or the truth, however, especially not when it suits their nefarious purposes to deliberately ignore or distort the facts.
1. The video is not racist. It was, on the contrary, made as a satirical response to anti-white racism, the ethnic cleansing of Afrikaans, Afrikaners and whites known as (racist) transformation, in terms of which the university wanted to force university students against their will to share their residences with those of other population groups.
- There is also a deliberate campaign to expunge Afrikaans as a medium of instruction at the university, and replace it with English.
- Whatever happened to the students’ constitutionally guaranteed concept of freedom of association, one might ask?
- Why are they forced to integrate, against their will? Where is the students’ constitutional right to be taught in their mother tongue? Where is the liberal media’s outrage about the injustice the Afrikaans-speaking students are being subjected to?
2. Student culture: As a white former university residence member, albeit at another university, I was subjected to the exact same ritual that the cleaners were jokingly subjected to. We were forced to eat mouldy bread, for example, and had molasses poured over us as an initiation ritual. The difference is in the video it was a joke, but in my case it was for real.
- Think what you may about initiations (which is an entirely separate issue that has much more to do with bullying than with racism) but there was no question of any racism in the Reitz video, except for the anti-white racism it was protesting against.
- Once again, the makers of the video in question intended their video to be satirical, and to jokingly pretend to show cleaners subjected (*with their own approval)to the same ritual that I and many other lily-white students had been subjected to over the years.
3. They did not ‘urinate’- The sycophantic left-wing media, for example Talk Radio 702, insist on continuously repeating an outright lie, i.e. that the students “urinated” (sic) on the cleaners’ food. Nothing of the sort happened. How many times must it be repeated before these liberal dullards will succeed in comprehending the simple truth: it was an orange cordial known as Oros. What is so difficult to grasp, people? I am again thinking of especially Talk Radio 702, that deliberately, knowingly and repeatedly spreads this lie in its news bulletins.
4. In spite of the bilge spewed by those intellectual giants and experts in carpentry of the ANCYL, the so-called victims very clearly did not think that their dignity had been trodden on at the time. Had that adult prodigy Julius Malema and his equally gifted Cosatu comrades taken the trouble to view the entire video, it would have been abundantly clear that the so-called victims participated voluntarily and indeed laughingly in the video.
- The so-called victims even drank a beer and jokingly played rugby with their “tormentors”, and clearly had a good time in the filming of the video. Once again: nobody was hurt in any way, shape or form. Nobody’s dignity was compromised. There was no racism. Those are the facts; except the facts don’t suit the liberals or the left, do they?
5. Months after filming the video, the cleaners clearly thought nothing more of it. They most assuredly never even considered laying any charges, or even complaining to the authorities. How could they, given that they were filmed while drinking on duty?
- It was only when the demagogues of the left stumbled on the video, that the insane screams of racism started, and the cleaners were brainwashed by others into agreeing that their rights had been trampled upon.
- This only goes to show up the extremely patronizing attitude that especially liberals have towards blacks.
It is in fact not the students who displayed a racist attitude, but the liberals and left-wingers who decided on the cleaners’ behalf that they had not acted correctly by playing along and not pressing charges. How patronizing can one get? The cleaners are adults and as such surely could decide for themselves they had no problem with the video. Others, however, took it upon themselves to force the cleaners to “admit” that they’d been harmed. How much respect do those who imposed their views on the cleaners have for the judgement of the cleaners themselves? Are those that laid the charge not in effect saying the the cleaners, being black, are incapable of making a correct decision and require the assistance of external parties to realize when they’ve been slighted?
6. When it was finally decided to charge the students in question, nobody was quite sure with what to charge them. Is bad taste, which is the worst that the makers of the video can be accused of, a criminal offence? The best that the prosecutions authority could come up with, was the largely irrelevant charge of crimen injuria. It is unclear how exactly this can be proved in any reasonable court of law – once again, the so-called victims were willing and laughing participants, who didn’t even consider pressing charges.
7. Another egregious lie that keeps being repeated by the Nazis on the left (no doubt taking their lead from Adolf Hitler who famously said that a lie that is repeated often enough is eventually mistaken for the truth) is that the Reitz students showed no remorse. According to their lawyer, the truth is that they have attempted on several occasions to do so, but were not allowed to do so.
- Once again, one has to ask why not. The answer, of course, remains the same: in the Nazi-like propaganda war being waged on whites, the truth and facts don’t suit the left.
8. While the left and liberals are screaming hysterically about a non-event, the shocking hate speech and naked anti-white bigotry of black students at universities, including the Free State university, continue unchecked.
A few weeks ago, black students at Tuks embarked on a criminal orgy of violence and uttered death threats against white students who were trying to prevent the former from trashing the campus (as the more radical black students have been wont to do on multiple occasions.) On the very same campus where the Reitz video was shot, black students recently threatened to “rape the white bitches.”
- Yet, there is a strange silence about this ourageous black-on-white racial hate from all quarters, including the liberal mainstream media. Why is this? Why not also splash this across your front pages for months on end, rend your clothes and scream your outrage to the heavens, as you did with the Reitz video? Perhaps the liberal media also subscribes to the bullshit that blacks are not capable of racism.
“I must admit that, even in spite of the demonstrable facts that I have provided above, I hold out very little hope that the truth, as opposed to anti-white and anti-Afrikaner propaganda, will win the day. The loony left and liberals clearly have no interest in the truth or the facts, and the Reitz House video is too convenient a stick with which to beat whites and especially Afrikaners.
- “Given the political pressure, should the Reitz house case ever come before a court, they have no chance whatsoever of a fair trial. Should this trial be adjudicated by a black judge such as the Afro-fascist, liar and piss artist, “judge” Nkola Motata, especially, these students won’t stand a chance.
“All the while, black radicals are free to spout their hatred of whites with barely a whisper being raised in the liberal media.
- “Somebody must really explain to me one day why white students are not allowed to make a satirical video in which fun was had by all, but it’s followed by an immense and immediate outcry by especially the media.
- “On the other hand, the liberal media clearly views the malicious destruction of university property, death threats and threats of rape against white students uttered by black students as not only not newsworthy, but quite possibly (as) acceptable behaviour on the part of blacks. http://antonbarnard.praag.co.za/?p=678
Why is there so much anti-white racism among the South African ruling party leadership?
Here’s one explanation:
“Racism often figures prominently in the ideologies that justify and promote genocide and other crimes against humanity. Dominant social groups commonly use racial categorizations to differentiate other social groups and justify their exclusion and marginalization. The belief that personality and social behavior are linked to biology and therefore are unalterable, makes physical removal or annihilation the only possible means of solving the perceived problem of undesirable social groups. http://www.enotes.com/genocide-encyclopedia/racism