Crime Busters of SA: farm murders 2001-2003
Solidarity trade union: - list of farm murders
2003 - June 2009:
- ► April (10)
- ► March (9)
- ► November (15)
- ► October (15)
- ► September (8)
- ► August (13)
- ► July (14)
- ► June (20)
- ► May (30)
- ► April (29)
- ► March (30)
- ► February (37)
- ► December (34)
- ► November (41)
- ► October (38)
- ► September (41)
- ► August (42)
- ► July (60)
- ► June (60)
- ► May (81)
- ► April (63)
- ► March (78)
- ► February (90)
- ► January (80)
- ► December (91)
- ► November (73)
- ► October (51)
- ► September (54)
- ▼ August (49)
- ► July (62)
- ► June (57)
- ► May (93)
- ► April (68)
- ► March (74)
- ► February (80)
- ► January (95)
- ► December (124)
- ► November (96)
- ► October (117)
- ► September (120)
- ► August (71)
- ► July (83)
- ► June (61)
- ► May (46)
- ► April (56)
- ► March (48)
- ► February (30)
- ► December (59)
- ► November (48)
- ► October (54)
- ► September (43)
- ► August (15)
- ► July (13)
- A Stuijt
- Retired South African medical journalist, ex-Sunday Times of Johannesburg.
Previously unreported farm murder: Winterton, KZN
SAPS Winterton have been ‘about as helpful as a haemorrhoid’ in bringing the murder suspect – whose identitity is known - to book
August 22 2010 - Following is the summary received from the Hodson family in KwaZulu-Natal.The Hodson family writes that the SAPS have been about as helpful as a haemorrhoid… after their patriarch, Leonard Hodson, 56, owner of the Scrumpy Jacks Deli Shop and Farm Shop and Khotso Horse Trails farm was murdered on September 13 2009 at his deli-shop in the Winterton police district, centrally situated on the main road (R600) leading into the Champagne Valley.
Three black men, described as ‘tall and skinny’, and dressed in blue overalls, entered the shop that day and tried to rob Leonard Hodson of his cash-takings for the weekend.
Leonard Dodson - armed because his businesses were targetted at least seven times before -- resisted and retaliated. It is believed he injured one of the assailants as there was blood found outside the front door of the shop. He activated the panic button and the assailants then shot him with one single shot with a 9mm handgun. The shell was recovered at the scene. The bullet penetrated the victim’s right shoulder, punctured his lung and crushed his 9th vertebrae. He succumbed after surgery. The assailants fled without robbing anything, fleeing on foot into the plantations opposite the R600 highway.
The Winterton police (Capt van Wyk, tel 082 419 2109 and Insector Shabalala, tel 073 257 5688) arrested three suspects afterwards but released them again due ‘a to lack of evidence’. A reward for R15 000 was posted. The name of the suspected murderer even is known to the family: they are convinced that the shot was fired by a local person, Kaiser Shabalala who was accompanied by his gang-members, who allegedly even confessed his deed to a girl-friend but remains at large.
FAMILY SUMMARY – apologies for the caps, but that’s the way it was received:
20090913 LEONARD JAMES HODSON, 56, - MURDERED IN BOTCHED ROBBERY ATTEMPT
THE MURDER INCIDENT:
• DATE: SUNDAY 13 SEPTEMBER 2009
• PLACE: INSIDE SCRUMPY JACKS DELI SHOP, R600 ROAD, CHAMPAGNE VALLEY
• TIME: ALARM ACTIVATION AT 17H07
- • VAUGHAN HODSON - ELDEST SON - RESIDES IN DRUMMOND - 083 256 5686
• JON HODSON - SON - RESIDES IN DRAKENSBERG - 082 657 4344
• SCRUMPY JACKS LAND LINE - 036 468 1308
• WINTERTON POLICE - 036 488 8300
• CAPTAIN VAN WYK - 082 419 2109
• INSPECTOR SHABALALA - 073 257 5688
- • ID: 530416 5176 08 3
• AGE AT DEATH: 56 YEARS OLD
• BORN: RHODESIA 1953
• MOVED TO SA IN 1980
• LIVED IN CATO RIDGE FROM 1980 TO 2004
• MOVED TO CHAMPAGNE VALLEY, CENTRAL DRAKENSBERG IN 2004
• BUSINESS OWNER - SCRUMPY JACKS DELI SHOP AND KHOTSO HORSE TRAILS
• FATHER OF 3
• CHARACTER: QUIET, KIND FAMILY MAN. HARD WORKING AND WELL LIKED IN THE VALLEY
PRESUMED SCENARIO FROM WITNESS' ACCOUNTS AND LOGICAL DEDUCTIONS:
• 3 BLACK MEN DESCRIBED AS TALL AND SKINNY AND DRESSED IN BLUE OVERALLS ENTERED THE SHOP AND ATTEMPTED TO ROB LEONARD HODSON OF THE CASH TAKINGS FOR THE WEEKEND.
• LEN RESISTED AND RETALIATED AND IT IS THOUGHT THAT HE INJURED ONE OF THE ASSAILANTS AS THERE WAS BLOOD FOUND OUTSIDE THE FRONT DOOR OF THE SHOP.
• LEN MANAGED TO ACTIVATE THE PANIC BUTTON FOR THE ALARM AND THE ASSAILANTS THEN SHOT ONE SINGLE SHOT AT HIM WITH A 9MM. THE SHELL WAS RECOVERED AT THE SCENE.
• THE BULLET PENETRATED HIM AT THE RIGHT SHOULDER AND PUNCTURED HIS LUNG AND CRUSHED HIS 9TH VERTABRAE. THE DOCTOR WHO PERFORMED THE POST MORTOM SAYS THAT HE WOULD
HAVE COLLAPSED IMMEDIATELY AND THAT IS WHY THE BLOOD OUTSIDE THE FRONT DOOR CANNOT BE HIS.
• THE ASSAILANTS THEN FLED THE SCENE TAKING NOTHING. THEY FLED ON FOOT INTO THE PLANTATIONS ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE R600
PHILLIP (STAFF MEMBER)
• STATEMENT IN POLICE FILE: WAS STILL ON THE PROPERTY BUT ONLY SAW THE BACKS OF THE THREE MEN FLEEING THE SCENE.: HE WAS TAKEN IN FOR QUESTIONING FOR 2 DAYS AND IDENTIFIED 3 MEN WHO WERE LATER TAKEN IN FOR QUESTIONING. THE POLICE SAY THEY COULDN'T HOLD THEM FOR ANYTHING AND FEEL THAT THEY MAY NOT HAVE BEEN INVOLVED.- PHILLIP HAS PASSED AWAY SINCE THEN. (AS DETAILED BELOW).
• THE WINTERTON POLICE ARE SAYING THAT INFORMANTS HAVE STATED THAT FAMILY OF PHILLIP'S WERE HEARD CONFESSING TO THE MURDER.
EMMANUEL AND SIFISO (STAFF MEMBERS)
• STATEMENT IN POLICE FILE
• WERE ON THEIR WAY HOME BY FOOT ABOUT 500 METERS AWAY FROM THE SHOP WHEN THEY HEARD THE ALARM AND THEN THE GUN SHOT.
• THEY RAN BACK TO THE SHOP IN THE SAME DIRECTION THAT THE ASSAILANTS WERE RUNNING AWAY FROM THE SHOP. THEY SAY THEY COULD NOT IDENTIFY THEM AS THEY WERE NOT CLOSE ENOUGH TO THEM.
2 X FEMALE KITHCEN STAFF (THEMBI AND CAROL)
• NO STATEMENTS TAKEN FROM THEM AS THEY SAY THEY HAD LEFT THE SHOP PRIOR TO THE INCIDENT.
• THEY DID, HOWEVER, SEE THESE 3 MEN NEAR THE ENTRANCE TO THE PROPERTY WHILE THEY WERE WAITING FOR THEIR TAXIS.
• THEY SAY THEY DIDN'T TAKE NOTICE OF THEM BUT DID NOTICE THAT THERE WAS ALSO AN OFF DUTY SECURITY GUARD WHO WAS ALSO WAITING FOR A TAXI AND WHO WAS TALKING TO THE THREE ASSAILANTS.
A PASSER BY (STUART FROM MONKS COWL COUNTRY CLUB)
• NO STATEMENT ON FILE
• HE SAYS THAT HE SAW WHAT HE THINKS WAS ONE OF THE STAFF MEMBERS NEAR THE ENTRANCE TO THE PROPERTY TRYING TO BECKON SOMEONE ELSE WITH HIS HANDS AT APPROXIMATELY 16H50 (HERESAY THAT IT WAS PHILLIP)•A PASSER BY NOTICED A SUSPICIOUS OLD RED TOYOTA COROLLA CONTAINING THREE BLACK MEN PULLING OUT OF THE PROPERTY AT APPROXIMATELY 16H30.
• THIS CAR HAS SINCE BEEN SEEN IN THE AREA AGAIN AND ITS LICENSE PLATE HAS BEEN RECORDED AND REPORTED TO THE POLICE. THE SAME CAR HAS BEEN SEEN WITH 2 DIFFERENT NUMBER PLATES, THE LATEST BEING "LXB266GP" AND THE PREVIOUS BEING "NE 607" OR IT MAY POSSIBLY BE TWO DIFFERENT CARS.
• I DO NOT THINK THAT THE POLICE HAVE FOLLOWED UP ON THIS.
JANE (A LOCAL, AND A FRIEND OF LEN'S).• SAW THREE BLACK MEN FLEEING THE SCENE ON FOOT
INPUT FROM POLICE TO DATE:
• ARRESTED 3 MEN SHORTLY AFTER THE INCIDENT, AS MENTIONED UNDER PHILLIP'S TESTIMONY ABOVE, BUT THEY WERE RELEASED
• THEY SAY THAT THEY HAVE INFORMANTS IN THE LOSKOP AREA- (SUBSEQUENT INVESTIGATION BY THE P.I. REVEALED THAT THE INFORMANTS (SUBSEQUENT INVESTIGATION BY THE P.I. REVEALED THAT THE INFORMANTS WEREN'T EVEN AWARE THAT THERE WAS A REWARD OUT)
• REWARD NOTICES FOR R15 000 HAVE BEEN PLACED AROUND THE CHAMPAGNE VALLEY AND IN LOSKOP IN OCTOBER 2009. I DON'T THINK THAT THESE NOTICES HAVE BEEN MAINTAINED AND CHECKED TO SEE IF STILL UP.
• THE POLICE HAVE APPLIED TO THE GOVERNMENT FOR A FURTHER R20 000 TO ADD TO THE REWARD WHICH APPARANTLY HAS BEEN APPROVED
• INTERVIEWED A SUSPECT WHO WAS ARRESTED IN THE HOWICK AREA ON A RAPE CHARGE WHO ACTUALLY CLAIMED TO HAVE BEEN ONE OF THE ASSAILANTS. CAPTAIN VAN WYK SAYS THAT HE DOESN'T THINK THIS PERSON WAS INVOLVED BECAUSE HIS STATEMENT IS CONTRADICTORY TO ALL OTHER INFORMATION. THIS SUSPECT IN HOWICK, HOWEVER, HAS NAMED THREE OTHER MEN THAT THE
POLICE ARE TRYING TO LOCATE. I'M NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED WITH THIS.
• ON THE ADVICE OF AN EMPOLYEE IN THE CHAMPAGNE VALLEY AREA, WHO SPOKE TO A WOMAN, WHO CLAIMED THAT HER BOYFRIEND CONFESSED TO HER THAT HE WAS THE KILLER, WAS TAKEN IN FOR QUESTIONING. SHE ISSUED A STATEMENT TO THIS EFFECT AND TOOK THE POLICE TO ALEXANDRA TO LOCATE THE BOYFRIEND’S TEMPORARY PLACE OF RESIDENCE. THE BOYFRIEND, KAIZER SHABALALA, WAS LATER ARRESTED BUT CONFESSED TO NOTHING AND WAS RELEASED. THE POLICE TOOK A SAMPLE OF HIS BLOOD TO COMPARE TO THE BLOOD FOUND AT THE SCENE.
OUR FAMILY STILL STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT KAIZER SHABALALA WAS THE ONE THAT ACTUALLY COMMITED THIS MURDER
• HE CONFESSED TO THE GIRLFRIEND THAT HE MURDERED A WHITE MAN AT THE SHOP IN FRONT OF THE NEST HOTEL ON THE SUNDAY THAT IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED. HIS GIRLFRIEND THEN PASSED THIS INFORMATION ONTO THE POLICE.
• HE FLED TO JHB LESS THAN A WEEK AFTER THE INCIDENT
• THEMBA - CELL : 079 073 4909 - THE SECURITY GUARD THAT WAS SEEN OUTSIDE THE SHOP WAITING FOR A TAXI IDENTIFIED KAIZER SHABALALA AS ONE OF THE THREE MEN THAT REMAINED BEHIND AFTER HE CAUGHT HIS TAXI. THE INCIDENT HAPPENED MOMENTS AFTER THE THE SECURITY GUARD AND THE STAFF MEMBERS LEFT ON THE TAXI. HE WAS CERTAIN THAT IT WAS KAIZER SHABALALA AS HE ACTUALLY KNEW HIM AND GREETED HIM.
• KAIZER SHABALALA IS KNOWN TO HAVE A CRIMINAL HISTORY AND THE WINTERTON POLICE TRIED TO RECOVER OPEN CASES FROM THE LOSKOP POLICE STATION
• KAIZER SHABALALA ACTUALLY WORKED AT THE NEST HOTEL AS A SECURITY GUARD AND SO WOULD BE VERY FAMILIAR WITH MY DAD'S SHOP.
• LATEST INFORMATION FROM THE WINTERTON POLICE IS THAT THEY HAVE INFORMANTS THAT STATE THAT RELATIVES OF PHILLIPS WERE HEARD SAYING THAT THEY WERE THE KILLERS WHEN THEY RETURNED FOR PHILLIP'S FUNERAL.
• PHILLIP HAS PASSED AWAY UNDER UNUSUAL CIRCUMSTANCES WHICH I DETAIL BELOW.
OUR COMPLAINTS AGAINST THE WINTERTON POLICE:
• DOCKET HAS NOT GONE TO PIETERMARITZBURG SERIOUS CRIMES
• I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT USUALLY CRIMES OF THIS NATURE ARE REFERRED TO PMB SERIOUS CRIMES BUT FOR SOME REASON THEY WILL NOT TAKE THE DOCKET UNTIL AN ARREST HAS BEEN MADE
• AFTER THE INCIDENT THE POLICE ONLY BRIEFLY VISITED THE SCENE ON ONE OCCASION. THEY ARE NOT SHOWING ANY URGENCY AT ALL AND WE HAD TO ASK THEM TO COME BACK AGAIN
• WE FEEL THAT THE STAFF (TOTAL OF 8) MAY BE INVOLVED OR MAY AT LEAST KNOW SOMETHING BUT WE FEEL THAT THE POLICE ARE NOT PURSUING THIS (4 OUT OF 8 HAVE NOT EVEN BEEN INTERVIEWED TO DATE). I STRONGLY FEEL THAT THEMBI (KITCHEN STAFF MEMBER WHO CAUGHT TAXI) NEEDS TO BE QUESTIONED MORE THOUROUGHLY. SHE SAW THE THREE MEN BUT IS NOT SAYING ANYTHING BECAUSE SHE IS SCARED.
• WE MADE UP THE REWARD NOTICES AND PUT THEM UP AND AROUND THE CHAMPAGNE VALLEY AREA BUT ASKED THE POLICE TO PUT THEM UP IN THE LOSKOP AREA AND OTHER LOCATIONS. THIS WAS ONLY DONE BY THEM 14 DAYS LATER!
• ON TWO OCCASIONS WHEN WE HAVE PHONED INSPECTOR SHABALALA HE HAS PUT THE PHONE DOWN ON.
• PHILLIP, WHO WAS TAKEN IN FOR QUESTIONING, WAS INTERROGATED USING ELECTRIC SHOCK AND WAS FORCED TO NAME THE SUSPECTS. HE NAMED THREE PEOPLE THAT WERE TAKEN IN FOR QUESTIONING BUT WERE RELEASED AS THE POLICE FEEL THAT THEY HAD NO INVOLVEMENT AND WERE SIMPLY NAMED BY PHILLIP IN ORDER FOR THEM TO STOP THEIR INTERROGATION. PHILLIP LATER PASSED AWAY FROM WHAT WE ARE TOLD WAS TB. WE FEEL THAT IT WAS A COMBINATION OF THE STRESS OF THE SHOCK TREATMENT THAT HE
RECEIVED AND THE STRESS OF THE THREE MEN THAT HE NAMED THAT WERE WATCHING HIM. WE HAVE A FEELING THAT THE POLICE ARE TRYING TO IMPLICATE PHILLIP'S FAMILY TO HIDE THE SERIOUSNESS OF THE WAY HE WAS INTERORGATED.
• I WAS TOLD THAT CONFIDENTIAL (MIRROR GLASS) IDENTIFICATION WOULD BE USED WHEN THE SECURITY GUARD WAS TO I.D THE SUSPECT BUT INSTEAD A FACE TO FACE I.D PROCEDURE WAS FOLLOWED. THE SECURITY GUARD TOLD US THAT HE WAS TERIFIED TO IDENTIFY THE SUSPECT IN THIS MANNER AND, THEREFORE, DID NOT IDENTIFY HIM.
• THROUGHOUT THE CUSTODY OF KAIZER SHABALALA WE HAVE HAD THE IMPRESSION THAT THE POLICE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO PROTECT HIM AND HAVE BEEN CONSTANTLY MAKING EXCUSES FOR HIM AS TO WHY HE CAN'T BE THE GUY. THE INVESTIGATING OFFICER IS
INSPECTOR SHABALALA AND WE ARE CURIOUS WHETHER THERE IS ANY LINK.
AFTER 11 MONTHS THE BLOOD TEST RESULTS HAVE STILL NOT COME BACK FROM THE LAB. SURELY THIS CANNOT TAKE SO LONG!
• SINCE DECEMBER WHEN KAIZER SHABALALA WAS RELEASED THE POLICE HAVE SAID THAT THE ONLY LEAD THEY HAVE IS PHILLIP'S FAMILY MEMBERS WHO STAY IN JHB. IT DOES NOT APPEAR TO US THAT THEY HAVE ONCE GONE TO JHB TO ATTEMPT TO FIND THESE GUYS
• SINCE DECEMBER, THE POLICE HAVE ONLY CONTACTED US ONCE IN MARCH TO UPDATE US.
PREVIOUS OCCASIONS WHERE LEN HAS BEEN AFFECTED BY CRIME
2003 HOUSE BROKEN INTO IN CATO RIDGE WHILE FAMILY ASLEEP
LEN DISCOVERED THREE MEN IN THE PASSAGE WITH GUNS AND RETALIATED, MANAGING TO KEEP HIS HOLD ON ONE OF THEM
LEN HAD TO TESTIFY AGAINST THIS PERSON IN COURT AND THE ASSAILANT WAS JAILED
2006 - 2009 SINCE BEING AT SCRUMPY JACKS THERE HAVE BEEN NUMEROUS INCIDENTS OF THEFT WHERE IT IS VERY CLEAR THAT STAFF HAVE BEEN INVOLVED. HORSES AND SADDLES ARE THE MAIN THINGS THAT HAVE GONE MISSING THE SHOP HAS ALSO BEEN BROKEN INTO A NUMBER OF TIMES.
LATE 2008 STAFF MEMBER, ROBERT GUMEDE ARRESTED BY POLICE, ON INSTRUCTION OF LEN'S FORMER GIRLFRIEND, WHO ACCUSED GUMEDE OF MOLESTING HER 7 YEAR OLD SON IN THE TOILETS OF THE SHOP. HE DID NOT PITCH UP TO COURT AND IS ON THE RUN. POLICE HAVE ID COPY.
APR 2009 THREE ASSAILANTS ATTEMPTED TO ROB LEN IN HIS SHOP ON EASTER SUNDAY WITH KNIVES. LEN RETALIATED AND HIT THE PANIC BUTTON AFTER WHICH THEY RAN AWAY. LEN WAS STABBED BUT NO SERIOUS WOUNDS. IT IS THOUGHT THAT THIS MIGHT BE THE SAME THREE MEN WHO CAME BACK AGAIN TO INFLICT SOME REVENGE. POLICE NEVER MADE ANY ARRESTS OR PROGRESS
JUL 2009 THREE MEN ARRESTED FOR BREAKING INTO LEN'S SHOP. LEN HAD TO APPEAR IN COURT THE WEEK BEFORE HE WAS SHOT AND KILLED. LEN WENT TO COURT BUT IT WAS POSTPONED
AUG 2009 LEN'S COTTAGE BROKEN INTO AND R60 000 WORTH OF GOODS WERE STOLEN INCLUDING SADDLES. IT IS VERY LIKELY THAT THIS WAS AN INSIDE JOB AS THE SAME FEMALE STAFF MEMBERS THAT WORK IN THE KITCHEN IN THE SHOP ALSO CLEANED HIS HOUSE A FEW DAYS BEFORE.
SEP 2009 A FEW DAYS AFTER LEN'S DEATH HIS STAFF MEMBERS HELPED THEMSELVES TO ONE OF HIS HORSES AND A FEW SADDLES HAVE ALSO GONE MISSING
1 BOTCHED ROBBERY
2 SAME THREE MEN THAT ATTACKED HIM ON EASTER CAME BACK PARTLY TO TRY AND ROB HIM AGAIN BUT MOSTLY TO TAKE REVENGE ON HIM AFTER HE HUMILIATED THEM ON THE PREVIOUS OCCASION
3 I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THE WINTERTON POLICE ALLOWED LEN'S FORMER GIRLFRIEND TO BEAT ROBERT GUMEDE WITH A BATTON FOR WHAT WAS ALLEGED. HE IS NOT IN POLICE CUSTODY AND DID NOT PITCH TO HIS COURT CASE. THIS COULD BE REASON FOR REVENGE. I THINK POLICE ARE TRYING TO TRACK HIM IN JHB.
4 THE ASSAILANT THAT WAS JAILED FOR THE CATO RIDGE ROBBERY IN 2003 IS UNLIKELY BUT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED
5 MAY HAVE HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE COURT CASE THAT WAS DUE TO HAPPEN THE WEEK BEFORE LEN WAS SHOT
6 DISGRUNTLED STAFF
7 AS MENTIONED ABOVE, WE STILL STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT KAIZER SHABALALA IS THE KILLER AND WE URGE THE POLICE TO PLEASE FOLLOW UP ON THIS, WHETHER IT BE MORE QUESTIONING OR AN INVESTIGATION INTO WHO HIS FRIEND'S/FELLOW GANG MEMBERS ARE AND BRING THEM IN FOR QUESTIONING.
Summary of farm murders to be added to list, July 2010:
20090913 Hodson, Leonard, 56, m, Scrumpy Jack’s farm shop, Winterton, KZN (previously unreported).
Lizamore Kate and Graham, newspaper couple, murdered, Pinetown AH KZN July 23 2010 2010-07-23 Newspaper couple Kate and Graham Lizamore murdered at Pinetown smallholding – sister discovers their decomposing bodies PINETOWN, KZN. Sat Jul 24 2010
Van Jaarsveld, Gerhard killed; Rudolph Terblanche paralysed July 11 2010 farm attack Willowbray PretoriaGerhard van Jaarsveld, 48, killed, Rudolph Terblanche, 47, paralysed and his lifepartner Elrene Jones, injured by five armed black attackers, Willowbray smallholding Pretoria Jun ... posted Wed Jul 14 2010 8:04:00 am
Early, Christopher and Jennifer of UK, murdered Woodgrange smallholding Hibberdene, KZN THREE ARRESTED in court July 26 2010 Three black men are expected in Hibberdene magistrate's court on Monday July 26 2010 for the double-murder of UK citizens Christopher (69), and Jennifer Early, (62) on July 1 2010.
Why are South Africa’s public servants waging civil war against primary school children and newborn babies?
------------------------------Afriforum obtains interdict against trade unions to stop attacking schoolchildren, sick patients and staffers at hospitals:Afrikaans schools widely targetted: SUMMARY:
Amanzintoti Durban: school on strike-action all last week. No school at all: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=95846168628
Badplaas primary school remains open Monday we not receive any messages that they will be closed. The children are missing a lot of school-work. source Afrikaner Hart facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=95846168628Ermelo: On Friday, striking thugs invaded the Afrikaans Ermelo High School terrain and rubbished gates, fences and other property. Source: Democratic Alliance.Fochville: on Thursday the strikers threw rocks at our school with the children inside the classrooms. The head closed the gates.On Friday we received a letter saying that the children would be safer at home. The entire town is set on its head by the strikers' violence, and apparently the children will only return to school next Friday.I have to take time off from work until the teachers decide to return to work one day, for me time is money, every minute I don't work costs money. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=95846168628
Germiston: the intimidation was high but we have received no written notification ... we will see tomorrow (Monday).http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=95846168628
Klerksdorp: the school is closed on Monday except for the matric pupils who are writing their exams as planned. For the rest of the week the children will wear civilian clothes to go to school. The gates remain locked and no vehicles are allowed on site, not even those of the teachers. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=95846168628
Nylstroom: our school was threatened by masses of people on Thursday and the school head was cursed with horrible language.The matriculants are writing exams and it is difficult for them. The pupils are attending in civilian clothes this week. Please let us pray that the government and the trade union reach an agreement. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=95846168628Parys, Free State A group of striking ‘teachers’ pushed through the gates of the HF Verwoerd Primary School and waged battle with angry parents who were protecting their young children inside. Fists were flying, reports Volksblad. Said one interviewed Afrikaans child: “Auntie we were very scared and sang songs for our dear Jesus so that He can come and help us.” (eight-year-old Laetitia van Zyl, her eyes red from crying). “Of my friends were more frightened than I was. They cried more. We tried to sing louder than the bad people, but we were very, very scared..’ http://www.nuus24.com/Suid-Afrika/Nuus/Vuiste-klap-glo-toe-stakende-onnies-mas-vat-20100819
Tzaneen: A pupil writes: I am at Ben Vorster High. Our teachers thus far went on strike only one day when we had to stay at home. We are scared for other demonstrators who might disrupt our schooling. I am a Grade 12 pupil and we are very worried because our ‘record-exams’ are just around the corner… http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=95846168628Vereeniging: Cosatu-strikers yesterday invaded the Afrikaans Vereeniging High and Handhawer Primary schools and with loud screaming, foot-stomping and vuvuzela-terror physically intimidated the teachers and children. They bashed against the windows and doors and demanded that the school had to close down at once. They screamed vile insults at the teachers while 4 white SAPS members just stood there with their arms folded, not doing anything to protect the children, and parents rushed in to fetch their kids. sources: Cor and Suzette. Facebook.Viljoenskroon: not affected much because we don't bother with nonsense, our teachers don't get paid for the time they are forced to strike but they still assist at our school. There was a protest at our school by the teachers from across the road, we just ignored them and kept on with our work: unfortunately for them we have an electric fence around the school and have no fears. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=95846168628Unknown town: Elsa Tzouganatos writes from an unknown town: 'Please help out. Children arrive at schools and there are no teachers to receive them and keep them safe. We have already had one case of a child going missing.Please make certain that your workers know what to do with the child in case of a strike. The rural areas are hit the worst and many parents know nothing.MCSA http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=95846168628
Teachers association SAOI statement 19 August: it was decided to participate in the industrial rolling-mass actions from Monday 23 August to Thursday 26 August.The highlight will be on 26 August with mass-protect actions in all nine provinces. The SAOI members by 87% of the SMS-votes rejected the government offer of a 7% increase and R700 a month housing allowance.
Plea from hospital nurse: If you have any loved ones in the hospitals please help provide them normal things such as drinking water etc because those workers who are still working do not get relieved from their work they WANT to work but now are locked inside by the strikers. Please come and help us whereever possible. Afrikaner Hart, Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=95846168628
-----------------------------------Strike ‘will become increasingly violent and last at least six weeks’ - labour analyst expert Andrew Levy…As many tens of thousands of demonstrating public ‘servants’ and criminal gangs running with the rioters caused chaos around the country this week, and even waged civil war on newborn infants and critically injured patients in hospitals and Afrikaans children in primary and high schools, labour analyst Andrew Levy predicts the strike ‘would last for four to six weeks and could become increasingly violent’. Full Story...----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Afrikaans nurse tweets her nightmare experience via cellphoneAug 19 2010 – Beeld newspaper writes that “a South African nurse tweeted her nightmare-experience via cellphone when thousands of striking public ‘servants’ broke down the gates of the state hospital she works in – and ran through the wards, terrorising patients and nurses.” (right)
August 21 2010 - Parys, Free State. South Africa. A group of striking teachers pushed through the gates of the HF Verwoerd Primary School and waged battle with angry parents who were protecting their young children. Fists were flying, reports Volksblad. “Auntie we were very scared and sang songs for our dear Jesus so that He can come and help us,’ said eight-year-old Laetitia van Zyl, her eyes red from crying. “Of my friends were more frightened than I was. They cried more. We tried to sing louder than the bad people, but we were very, very scared..’ http://www.nuus24.com/Suid-Afrika/Nuus/Vuiste-klap-glo-toe-stakende-onnies-mas-vat-20100819
This is barbaric…
Facebook member Johan Roux writes on Aug 20 2010: “This is Barbaric and unecceptable ! Last night a friend phoned my wife for a wheelchair and bedpan. His wife was discharged from Greys Hospital in Pietermaritzburg. She still had four days drip left for her liver condition! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Americans-United-Against-the-Latino-Terrorist-Domestic-Enemy-George-Lopez/131534336239#!/pages/Censorbugbear-Reports/116752351671946?ref=ts
- The fact is that these strikes are not strikes at all. They are Marxist terrorist military exercises in mass mobilization of the proletariat into what is known as a “People’s War” as Mao Tze Tung formulated, and later perfected by General Vo Nguyen Giap (commander of North Vietnamese forces). In South Africa the Communists use what is called the “Green Book, Lessons from Vietnam”.
Over the last few years we have seen stage two of Mao’s “People’s War”. Seemingly insignificant reasons given for massive countrywide strikes like the black taxi strike that brought major cities like Pretoria, Johannesburg and Durban to a standstill by blocking the main roads leading into and out of the cities. Their reasons were that the police were giving them too many fines.
The masses of blacks who take part in these strikes have steadily grown into what we see today as the biggest strike in South Africa so far, which is countrywide. It is a display of force. It is intimidation and it is mass mobilizing for a coming slaughter in South Africa.
This combined with a media blackout by the ANC as they are currently striving for, will ensure that the slaughter of whites in South Africa will be carried out as a “Peoples Revolt” and nobody will blink an eye about it.My advice to whites in South Africa is to set contingency plans in place. Study maps of how to get to your children’s school or your wife’s job when this happens during the day. We have already seen that with a few taxis the entire city can be blocked off in a matter of hours, masses of blacks can move into the cities in a few hours and slaughter everyone inside. The drills for this have already been carried out."
The battle lines have been drawn in what has become South Africa’s worst industrial action.
- On Friday, the government vowed to introduce instant 24-hour justice of the World Cup courts in a last-ditch bid to bring brutal strikers to book, as the National Education Health and Allied Workers Union (Nehawu) warned terminally ill patients in Cape Town hospitals that they would “have to negotiate with their lives” for essential life support systems to be continued.
- On Thursday, a mere 51 hospital workers appeared in a KwaZulu-Natal court charged with public violence.
Deputy Justice Minister Andries Nel and Public Service Minister Richard Baloyi were still preparing a list of government departments and institutions that would be “no-go zones for protesters”, as part of their interdict.“We want to protect key institutions (such as) schools and hospitals,” said Cwele.
- Health Minister Aaron Motsoaledi said he was shocked at the strikers’ willingness to “murder” in order to improve their wages. “No matter how angry I was, I would never put somebody’s life at risk… If health workers lose that, believe me we no longer have a country,” he said.
Nehawu’s Fikile Majola was unrepentant.“We expected a government interdict. They did it in 2007, so it’s not new. We will go to court and defend ourselves. I don’t know why they compare this to apartheid. The truth is there was no national protected strike before 1994. To make a comparison is naive and ignorant.”
- But for Andrew Tsotetsi, a patient at the hard-hit Natalspruit Hospital in Katlehong, all he could do was plead. He was admitted last month with severe burns to his right leg. As his suppurating wounds dripped to the ground, he told the Saturday Star: “I am scared that I am going to die here. The bed where I sleep is wet. The smell coming out of the ward is terrible, and while the soldiers have been here helping, it is not enough. We are dying of pain in our beds and we plead with our government to put our lives first and ensure the nurses return to work.”
These babies have the right to life…
But not everyone is just standing by and watching: white doctors such as Richard Friedland, the chief executive of private hospital group Netcare, said his staff were now treating more than 80 babies, some premature and critically ill, who had been abandoned by striking nurses at various provincial hospitals across Gauteng. “It’s a sanctity of life issue,” said Friedland of the babies, who were found “pretty close to death” but were now being treated at the Park Lane and Garden City hospitals.
- “Notwithstanding people’s right to strike and their legitimate demands, these babies have the right to life, and we’ll ensure that. We had to resuscitate many of them.”Netcare was also helping to ameliorate the healthcare crisis resulting from the strike. “We’ve admitted five ladies who needed to give birth urgently, as well as five adults who were critically ill, from Helen Joseph, into our ICU, and one person who sustained a gunshot wound.“There have been a number of cases across Gauteng, and we’re now getting ready for the Free State and gearing up for potential action there,” Friedland said.
US GOVERNMENT STRONGLY CONDEMNS SA MEDIA-CENSORSHIP LAW:
The US yesterday joined the chorus of disapproval over proposed changes to South Africa's media laws that some campaigners have likened to “the draconian press curbs of the apartheid era.”Speaking at the South African Institute of International Affairs in Johannesburg on Wednesday, US ambassador Donald Gips urged the ruling African National Congress party (ANC) to “maintain the commitment to openness” that has marked its rule since the end of white minority rule in 1994. South Africa must not turn away from that history now," Gips said. "America still believes that a free press serves as the front line in the defence of democracy." http://www.polity.org.za/article/daily-podcast---august-19-2010-2010-08-19